Lest you think that all here is fine and dandy in the creativity department, I'll show you the latest big loser. I had high hopes for the Garter Yoke Cardigan, but it was not meant to be.
Let's get a close up for those of you who may not have noticed the area that sticks out like a sore thumb to me:
Whoops. I worked on this sleeve one night in the dark and grabbed one of the many balls of this yarn I had sitting around. Unfortunately, it was only one I shouldn't have grabbed. It was the remainder from the yoke, which is a different dye lot.
(Short back story for those who care: I originally used this yarn for a different project, ran out before I finished and Cathi was nice enough to send some my way. Different dye lot, but I decided I'd take the chance. You couldn't tell in most lighting, but I never ended up wearing the project. I frogged it. Decided that it could work with the Garter Yoke Cardigan, as long as I used the different dye lot for the yoke, hoping the different stitch would help camouflage it.)
I wish that were the only problem with this sweater, but alas, it was not. It was very poor fitting. I know it isn't a form fitting cardigan, but it was just plain silly looking on me. I don't even have any picks to prove it. It is already up in the big yarn pile in the sky. Buttons salvaged for a future project, of course.
I'd like to say that I am going to give it another shot, with different yarn and with some mods, but I kind of doubt it. I imagine I will be distracted by something else shiny and forget all about it.
Here's my latest distraction:
The beginnings of Bettie's Lace Stockings from the Spring '09 IK. This was one of those projects that I thought I would never make, but for whatever reason I saw them and had to have them NOW. After a few false starts I am off and running...or so I think. I have this crazy idea that I can finish these and wear them to my birthday dinner in a few weeks.
Crossing my fingers...